Our teams have years of experience in security analysis and implementation, having successfully planned and implemented both physical and logical data center security for some of the region and nation’s largest firms.
Physical security for data centers involves what the business-side of most companies would think of as security protocols. This analysis and implementation involves measures such as access card-keys, proximity sensors, and biometrics security.
Altus will analyze your physical data center security and provide a strategy and implementation plan surrounding each of these question areas:
- What are the requirements for your industry (best practices and correct level of security)?
- What is the best process combined with technology (card key/sensors/biometrics, etc.) that would fit your requirements?
- What details, logs and reports should be produced and kept for auditing purposes and what should be pruned to meet legal requirements?
- Are your current systems and processes all working well?
- How do you blend your current processes with those of an outsourced data center such as a Colo?
Logical security for data centers involves what IT professionals understand to be the tactics and strategies that keep your data safe: perimeters, application firewalls, wireless access points, 2FA, etc.
Altus will analyze your logical data center security and provide a strategy and implementation plan surrounding each of these question areas:
- Should separate zones, racks and other security be added to existing room-access security?
- How is your network segmented to prevent one breach from exposing the entire network?
- Where are application firewalls best utilized in addition to perimeter firewalls?
- Are you wireless access points correctly configured for maximum protection?
- Where is two factor authentication (2FA) best implemented?
Changing technology has driven the recent trend of increasing the convergence and integration of logical and physical security for data centers. Given the escalation of cyber-attacks and hacks on private businesses and even utility companies, it makes sense for more companies to develop a comprehensive security plan for their data infrastructure. Learn more about physical and logical security integration for data centers here.
We would love to discuss how you can enhance and deepen your company’s data center security provisions. Contact Us here at your convenience to get started with a conversation. Learn how Altus assisted a large regional healthcare provider with their security migration as one example of our capabilities.