One of the nation’s largest financial holding companies needed resources to maintain operations during a data center move. Altus pre-positioned data center infrastructure and used a large pool of qualified resources to maintain day to day activities of current staff, creating high customer satisfaction.
- This bank, headquartered in Ohio, is one of the nation’s largest financial holding companies. The company operates through an extensive banking network primarily in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri and Pennsylvania, and also serves customers in selected markets nationally. Its core businesses include commercial and retail banking, mortgage financing and servicing, consumer finance and asset management.
- The bank needed resources to extend their staff to allow day-to-day activities to continue during the planning and execution phases.
- Workload conversion to core systems was a major activity.
- This was accomplished by a separate team but with very close co-ordination with the relocation team.
- This relocation had to move and merge the IT workload of an acquired bank into current IT operations over a single 3-day weekend. The relocation was to target for minimal impact on their customer base.
- The IT infrastructure was pre-positioned and tested prior to moving the workload. the multiple go/no go decisions points were pre-planned to ensure that prior move group was operational before the nest move group was released. This ensured that continued operations at the end of the 3-day relocation were maintained.
Critical Success Factors:
- Used a large pool of qualified resources to maintain day-to-day activities of current staff
- Adopted a “library card” approach to meeting staff requirements
- Brought in extensive experience in successful data center relocations
- Brought in project managers with experience in managing multi-state infrastructure improvements projects